Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Houston, here we come!

I've been wanting to start a quilting blog for a long time, now, and my upcoming trip to the International Quilt Festival in Houston seems like the perfect opportunity to do so. I went to the Spring Festival in Chicago in April, and decided that it was Houston or bust this year. I will be traveling with a quilting buddy, Teresa, and her friend, Carol. I am leaving tomorrow, and returning Sunday.

IQF holds many surprises for me. I am as excited as a kid going to DisneyWorld! I will have the opportunity to meet many people from my online groups: African American Quilters, AA Art Quilters, Complex Cloth, Dyerslist, Inkjet Transfer. Having the opportunity to see over 2,000 quilts will provide inspiration for many months to come, and I can't wait to see what the vendors have. I have given myself a daily budget, plus I've gone from swearing to buy no fabric to swearing to buy only outrageously fabulous fabrics. We'll see! I'm bringing an empty suitcase, just in case; less clothes means more room for purchases (LOL)!

I'll post photos and at least a once daily log; I'll answer questions about my experiences this week when I return next week, and I'll also post more about my quilting life.

Aleeda

No comments: